I often wake up a little stuffy in the morning and I diffuse eucalyptus in the bathroom to help clear it out while I’m showering and getting ready for my day. I’m not one to spend too much time in the shower, but when I heard about this cool shower disk I was excited to try them. I thought this is just what I need, so I decided to give them a try. Needless to say, I LOVE them and my shower was AMAZING! They were super easy to make and a great way to start a refreshing day.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water, plus 2 tablespoons water
- Muffin tin
- Muffin liners
- Eucalyptus, Lavender, and Peppermint Essential Oils
- Mixed the baking soda, cornstarch, and salt in a bowl. This will be the base of the shower disks. The baking soda will absorb the essential oils, while the cornstarch and salt will keep the disk from crumbling apart. Slowly add the water until the texture looks like a thick paste.
2. Line your muffin tin with liners and add about one tablespoon of the mixture to each cup. This will make 8 – 10 shower disks. Now let them dry overnight or put them in the over at 300 for 30 minutes.
3. Once the disks are dry, top each with 3 to 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil and then 3 – 5 drops of peppermint oil. You can also add a few drops of lavender. Let the disks dry for an hour, then they’re ready to use.
4. Carefully take the disks out of the liners. The next time you take a shower, drop a disk in, let the hot water break down the shower disk and enjoy the scented steam.